We are always looking for talented educators! We are now accepting applications for 2017-18 for certified faculty, support staff and substitute teachers. Please submit your resume and application for future consideration.
Interested in a teaching position at John Rex Elementary School?
3rd grade classroom teacher
Full Job Description: Classroom Teacher
Salary: Commensurate with experience & qualifications.
Develop relevant, engaging, and challenging curriculum emphasizing discovery and inquiry through real-world application. Facilitate effective instruction based on the needs of students while promoting a culture of personalized learning. Prior experience in a high performing school setting; demonstrated strong background in student achievement, as well as experience with Apple technology will be preferred. Personal characteristics necessary for the position include: high energy and enthusiasm for quality public charter schools and urban education; organization and initiative; warmth and a good sense of humor; collaborative nature and consensus‐building skills; patience and persistence; and excellent communication skills.
Demonstrated expertise in elementary and/or early childhood instructional strategies. Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Education or related field. Experience with STE[+a]M curriculum, technology integration, and project-based learning is desirable. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. John W. Rex Charter Elementary School is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Support and implement the school’s philosophy, mission, vision, and values including programs and initiatives.
2. Maintain a climate of mutual respect, safety, and order that is conducive to learning. Develop and maintain positive home-school relationships.
3. Facilitate classroom instructional programs including: general core curriculum standards, differentiated instruction; formative assessments; project-based learning and development of units of inquiry. Effectively implement school initiatives and programs with fidelity and commitment.
4. Provide frequent monitoring of student progress data including analysis and interpretation with appropriate reflective responses seeking continual improvement and high expectations for all students.
5. Regularly provide appropriate supervision, assessment, and feedback to parents/guardians to ensure student success.
6. Implement differentiated education strategies including advanced as well as remedial programs.
7. Serves as a resource to parents and community partners in interpreting policies, securing answers to questions, and resolving issues in a professional manner.
8. Work an expanded instructional day and extended learning calendar.
9. Attend cluster group meetings and early release day staff activities. Be prepared to engage and actively participate in all aspects of the meetings.
10. Under the supervision of the Master Teacher(s), implement field-tested instructional strategies that target identified areas of student need.
11. Collaborate with master and mentor teachers who, in each teacher’s own classroom, provide instructional support to increase teacher expertise and, hence, student achievement.
12. Participate in TAP’s Instructionally Focused Accountability System. All teachers will be evaluated 4-6 times per year by multiple evaluators using the TAP Rubrics as the measurement tool.
13. With assistance from the master/mentor teachers, teachers develop expertise through creating, completing, and maintaining an Individual Growth Plan (IGP).
14. Other duties as may be assigned.
Frequent telephone and in-person contact with the Head of School, other teaching and office staff, parents, volunteers, and community representatives for exchange of information and services, and general problem solving.
• Written correspondence, newsletter articles, memos, etc. Disseminate general information and education materials.
• Frequent contact with parents for purposes of advocacy, education, and general information sharing.
Performance of this job will be evaluated 4-6 times per year by the Head of School and designees utilizing the TAP System of Teacher and Student Achievement.
In coordination with school administrators, Teacher Assistants, if applicable.
Candidates are expected to have a bachelor’s degree with at least a provisional teaching certificate in their specialty area.
However, JRCES also supports the hiring of talented candidates who have a bachelor’s degree and preferably a successful
completion of an alternative certification program.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret general professional journals, technical procedures, and/or government regulations. Ability to write reports and correspondences as may be appropriate to teaching staff in general. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions in one-on-one and small group situations to students, parents, teachers, staff and the general public. Bilingual (Spanish) is desirable.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical and diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables. Ability to use computer and computer related programs and other technologies needed to perform essential job functions. Ability to apply knowledge and current research and theory. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, staff, and the community. Ability to organize and chair or facilitate committees and meetings. Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both in oral and written form. Ability to perform duties and awareness of all school requirements and Board of Directors policies.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and depth perception.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works inside. The noise level in the work environment is quiet to loud depending on the activities in the particular part of the day and location.
The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (A.D.A.) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed for this position. Additional duties may be performed by individuals currently holding this position and additional duties may be assigned.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
I have read and understand the essential functions, requirements, and qualifications of this position.
Want to be a substitute teacher?
Applying for a support staff position (teacher’s assistant, office staff, etc.)?
Pre-K Teacher Assistant
Other materials to accompany the above completed application forms:
• A letter of interest
• Current résumé
• Any supporting documents (reference letters, certifications)
Background checks are required. John W. Rex Charter Elementary School is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Send all documents to email@example.com