Basic Uniform Dress Code
John Rex Charter School has two levels of school uniform dress code requirements for our students: basic and extended (optional). All students are expected to adhere to the basic school dress code. Students found in violation of the uniform policy will be sent to the office to call a parent or guardian to bring appropriate clothing to school.
Students not in compliance with the uniform policy are subject to the JRCES Code of Conduct. Students found in repeated violation of the dress code are subject to further disciplinary action.
- Polo-style shirts: School uniform short or long sleeve-solid white, light blue, or navy polo-style pique or interlock shirts.
- Oxford shirts: School uniform dress shirts-short or long sleeve, solid white or oxford blue with collar.
- School T-Shirts: Wednesdays only-students may wear school or PTA purchased t-shirts instead of the regular school uniform shirt choices. All other school uniform dress code rules apply to other garments.
- Layered clothing must also meet school uniform required colors (see above).
- Shirts may not have visible insignias, logos, labels, words, or pictures except for the approved school logo.
Basic Pants, Shorts, Skirts & Skorts
- Pants/shorts: School uniform khaki or navy twill (chino) fabric (appropriate length).
- Skirts/skorts: School uniform khaki or navy twill (chino) fabric (appropriate length).
- Dresses/jumpers: School uniform khaki or navy twill (chino) fabric (appropriate length).
- Polo-style dresses: School uniform pique navy, light blue, or white (appropriate length).
- Socks (solid white, black, navy, or brown) should be worn with shoes.
- Belts must be solid, dark (brown/black) color.
- Layered clothing must also meet uniform required colors. See above.
- Leggings/tights/stretch shorts must be solid white, black, or navy.
- Ties: School uniform solid navy blue or Lands End “Clear Blue Plaid” (this is the only approved plaid).
- Shoes: students must wear shoes at all times while on school property. Shoes should be appropriate for playground and gym activity. Students may not wear flip-flops, beach, pool wear shoes, or house shoes.
Other Basic Items
- Sweaters & Jackets: Solid navy or white crew sweatshirts, long sleeve v-neck sweaters, v-neck sweater vests, cardigan sweaters (button or zip), or fleece jackets (zip front), without hoods. These may not have visible insignias, logos, labels, words, or pictures except for the approved school logo.
- Coats/outerwear: student’s choice and are removed once inside the school.
Extended (Optional) Shirts & “Clear Blue Plaid” Items
Parents may also select additional (optional) pre-approved school uniform clothing items from the Lands End school uniform website.
- Plaid clothing items and accessories: “Clear Blue Plaid” is the only approved plaid material permitted for all optional clothing items. (See Lands End website for sample).
- Polo-style pique or interlock shirts in Cobalt Blue or Orange Spice (see Lands End website for specific color samples)
The Lands End JRCES School ID Number: 900161225
Items on this customized website have been pre-approved as part of the JRCES uniform policy.
If you have questions, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.